Bargains Galore UK

Sunday 21 August 2011

London Thames Southbank August 2011

Yesterday I had a wonderful day out at the Thames Southbank in London.


A great opportunity to take my camera out and carry on getting to grips with DSLR photography.


The more photos, I take, the more tempted I am to take a course and learn more.  


Finding the time is going to be difficult because I have so many hobbies and interests.

I feel truly privileged to live in this wonderful city with so much to do and experience, often free of charge.


The day started with a fantastic dance troupe followed by a photographic performance called Stilled, involving dance,light,music and pinhole photography to make a meditative cross-artform event exploring perception.


The dance troupe were amazing and I have some photos here.  I hope that they capture the movement.


Dance troupe, name to follow when I get my brain into gear.


A journalistic photographic exhibition which was very moving and some of the images were quite shocking at times.  I guess they truly captured the moment !!


A time-lapse animation by an artist called Meghana Bisineer. Truly amazing and highly recommended. You will find this animation at the Saison Poetry Library , within the Southbank Centre. Wearing the Headphones is a MUST for this animation.


All of that and more, all free of charge and lets not forget the wonderful views of the Thames.


I feel so lucky to live in this incredible city.  



















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I will always respond so do come back again. You can also contact me. See the link on my blog for details. Thanks :-)